Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Twilight

I first heard of the Twilight series when the movie was coming out and all I really knew about it was that it was for teenagers and it was about vampires. So very not my thing. I don't care for any kind of horror movie or book for that matter so I completely disregarded the whole thing. A couple of weeks ago a friend of mine was over and she started talking about Twilight and I asked her what I was missing because it appeared that everyone was crazy about it. She proceeded to tell me a little bit about the story and said I ought to just read the first book and see if I liked it. So I went to the library and got the first book. I think it took me all of 3 days to read all 500 pages of it. I loved it. I then had to request the next book from the library because it was checked out. To my dismay it wasn't due back until the middle of October and I couldn't wait that long! So I did what any reasonable person would do... I ordered all 4 of the books from Amazon. Yesterday they came in the mail and I am already half way through the 2nd book, New Moon.

After reading the first book I decided it wasn't so much about vampires as it was a love story. Yes, some of the main characters are vampires, but I guess I just don't notice. Maybe it will change... I haven't read all the books yet. So I guess I will join the trendy teenagers and see the movies too.

I am looking at the bright side, at least I have something to talk to Molly about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment