Thursday, September 10, 2009

Bugg Books


Recently my Mom brought over a series of books that she had found when cleaning out her house, The Bugg Books, by Stephen Cosgrove. I had forgotten about these books until she brought them over. I enjoyed them so much as a child! The first night Mom brought them over I read a couple to Ari before bed. These books have great stories and they teach basic human values. So many children books today are plain and pointless it was nice to read stories to Ari that teach something... anything. My personal favorite is Jitterbugg. It is a story about a bugg, Jitterburg, who loves to dance but because of a series of events has to take his sister to a dance he is attending. He pouts and is mean to his sister all day and when they get to the dance she showed him she really could boogie.

Our other favorite books to read are Dr. Seuss, of course, and The Berenstain Bears.

1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine how special it is to pass along a story that you loved as a child to your own children. This is a lovely post, Valerie!

    ReplyDelete