Thursday, July 30, 2009

What a mess!

Today I had my niece Piper for a couple of hours and my niece Lilli the whole day. It is now nap time and I am enjoying the silence, well maybe not silence, but it is definitely quieter. My friend Mary called this morning and she asked if she and the boys (they are 3 and 1) could come by for a visit since they were in town and I said sure, but I warned her of the chaos. She said they would be by in a little bit. Ang and Piper were just leaving when she got here and the house was a disaster. I don't think you could imagine how bad it was. Four kids 3 and under make a HUGE mess! There were toys strewn from the living room into the dining room and the kitchen, not to mention the den. Mary walked in and said "Oh my goodness!" She immediately said, "We will help you clean this up" and I assured her it wasn't necessary and I would get to it later. She began cleaning up anyway, which isn't a surprise if you know Mary (very organized!). The only bummer is I was going to take pictures of the mess to post and now I don't have any. I thought if I asked her to stop so I could take some pictures she would think I was crazy.
Thanks for the help Mary!

1 comment: