Sunday, August 2, 2009

Scrapbooking

Sometime after Emilie was born I was at a friends house and she showed me the scrapbooks she had been working on for her children. I thought they were a nice way to showcase the pictures they had taken of their children. I use to scrapbook some, way back when I had time, you know, before I had kids! But, somewhere along the way I stopped. It made me wonder what happened to all the supplies I had and the book I had started working on for Luke and I.
I found the discarded craft supplies and the book in the basement along side some half finished cross stitching and some squares I had crocheted with the thought that I would some day make them into an afghan. I guess I start craft projects and don't finish, huh? Anyway, I dusted off the scrapbook and realized how nice it was to have all these memories collected in one place. I decided that I wanted to make scrapbooks for the kids.
I think Luke was skeptical. He never said anything but I think he thought it would be another half finished project that sat in the basement. I am proud to say that I finished Ari's first scrapbook last week and I am very pleased with the results. It spans from him being born to last August. I know there are fancier scrapbooks out there, but I am happy with what I created. I hope one day he enjoys looking back at it and realizes just how special he is to us.

Don't worry I am working on Emilie's too. It's just not completed yet!




2 comments:

  1. Hey Valerie! The scrapbook looks great and so does your classy new blog banner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Luke did the blog banner for me. He did a great job.

    ReplyDelete